This book is being used by Worldwide Marriage Encounter and is a great resource for any Catholic couple or group of couples who want to deepen their communication, love and faith in marriage.
The need for this edition became apparent when Rev. Dr. Nelson began leading retreats with Catholic couples. In this sequel to Love Never Ends, his original book, published in 2000, Dr. Nelson includes a section on the sacrament of marriage and integrates scripture and the rich Catholic theology into each conversation. For example:
Marriage is the intimate, exclusive, indissoluble communion of life and love entered by man and woman at the design of the Creator for the purpose of their own good and the procreation and education of children; this Covenant between baptized persons has been raised by Christ the Lord to the dignity of a sacrament. (CCC, n. 1601, Can. 1055)
Click here to view Sample Pages
- 10 talks that renew marriages.
- The talk sheets are removed from the book and guide the talks.
- Relational, helpful, loving.
- Useful for retreats, or weekly/monthly enrichment events or “Date Nights.”
- Useful tool in marriage counseling.
- Inexpensive ($10.95)
- Worldwide Marriage Encounter uses it.
What are pastors and couples saying about Love Never Ends?
“I would like to give some feedback on the weekend we presented to a group of military catholic couples in Germany. The program was well received. The couples rated the material as excellent, and they enjoyed the opportunity to dialogue with each other one-on-one. Again thanks for the material. It is the tool many marriages need.” Pastor
“We used Love Never Ends as a resource for a series of “date nights”. Couples gathered at the church for a snack, a brief devotional and introduction to the topic, and then the guided conversation on their own. It worked beautifully.” Pastor
“A couple came to talk with me about getting a divorce, and I had them do the first conversation. Afterwards, I asked them how long it had been since they had talked like this. They looked at each other and said, ‘At least 20 years.'” Pastor
What do couples say after using TalkPoints?
- Fun. I enjoyed hearing my husband’s answers.
- Very rewarding to our marriage.
- Enlightening, a pressure free time with my spouse.
- Useful, rewarding and enlightening.
- Helpful. With a small child, it helped us remember us.
- A good way to discuss difficult topics.
- I liked sharing memories with my husband.
- I liked the short answer format because it gave me a chance to focus on my own thoughts first.
- I liked the idea of an intimate sharing time.
- It was quality time together.
- Helped us to focus attention on each other which is tough to do with busy schedules.
- Helped us to openly communicate.
- Helped us to start communicating again.
- We understand each other’s expectations and beliefs better.
- An excellent way to provide a starting point for a variety of serious topics.
- It was thought-provoking without being too deep.
- It deals with issues that are important for every marriage.
- It’s a good way to learn more about each other.
- Helps people think about things, then share with another.
- It forces good communication in a nice way.
- It’s a good opportunity to express thoughts and feelings.
- The TalkPoints helped us to communicate with each other. We loved it!
With the power of good communication, love never ends!