The need for a special Catholic Edition became apparent when Rev. Dr. Nelson began leading retreats with Catholic couples. In this sequel to The Greatest Is Love, his original book, Dr. Nelson integrates the rich Catholic theology of marriage. This edition is filled with scriptures and quotations illustrating a Catholic view of marriage, for example:
Marriage is the intimate, exclusive, indissoluble communion of life and love entered by man and woman at the design of the Creator for the purpose of their own good and the procreation and education of children; this Covenant between baptized persons has been raised by Christ the Lord to the dignity of a sacrament. (CCC, n. 1601, Can. 1055)
NEW! You can now refer couples (anywhere in the world) to an online marriage preparation class. Three classes are offered: the Basic eCourse, the Christian (Non-Denominational) eCourse, and the Roman Catholic eCourse. To learn more about how to integrate this innovative approach into your ministry with engaged couples, go to www.OnlineMarriagePreparation.com or contact TalkPoints directly.
Watch the videos below to hear from those who have used The Greatest Is Love:
Testimony from Deacon Larry at St. Ambrose:
The feedback from engaged couples has been extremely positive. They loved the pace and relaxed atmosphere of the retreat, and appreciated that the focus was on communicating with each other, not lectures. I have noticed that the couples who have gone through the retreat tend to score higher on the pre-marriage inventory and have an easier time discussing the results.
Testimonies from couples:
- I found the conversation guide to be a helpful tool in getting each other to open up as well as actively listen to the other person.
- Thanks for helping to strengthen our relationship!
- The book and guided conversations were a great way for us to uncover things we had not talked about in other conversations.
- I have only positive thoughts about this retreat and both my fiance and myself are grateful we were able to attend.
- This was a wonderfully developed course that was laid-back and went by quickly.
- It was not forced or pressured, yet allowed for free conversation between us.
- We were very hesitant to come at first, but felt very comfortable in the process. I really enjoyed the small group discussions, as well as person “couple time” to ourselves.
- I like that most of the time was spent one-on-one with my fiance. It was a very helpful format and very relaxed atmosphere. I never felt intimidated or put on the spot – and I was afraid of that.
- Quite honestly, I wasn’t looking forward to coming. Quite honestly, again, I enjoyed the experience.
- First of all, thank you so much for the whole experience of this course. It was incredibly enriching and I feel that it has really helped us grow together.